Join us for a virtual scavenger hunt with the free GooseChase app! Complete challenges on your device, & compete with other players across the county. New challenges will be added throughout the course of the event, so continue to check back for more opportunities to play!
THIS PROGRAM IS AVAILABLE THROUGH ALL OF SUMMER READING. SIGN UP ANY TIME!
HOW DO I PLAY?
You will have the option to register or play as a guest. This is personal preference.
In the game search bar, locate the game “PCDL 2021 SRP”. Choose “Select Team & Join Game”
Choose one of the available teams. You will be prompted to input a password. The code for this game is “LibraryCard”
When the game begins, you will have options to view Remaining or Completed challenges. There are three mission types- photo/video, text, and GPS. To submit photo evidence, choose a remaining challenge and select “Snap Evidence”. This will open your camera. Take a photo or video of your scavenger hunt proof, add a caption or explanation if you like, and hit “Submit”.
The app includes a live feed of submissions from all teams, as well as a leaderboard to display points earned.
GOOSECHASE RULES & EXPECTATIONS:
By participating in the Goose Chase Scavenger Hunt, you are agreeing to the following:
- The pictures you submit will be visible to others. Pictures will be seen by other participants, and may be shared on the library’s social media accounts.
- PCDL will moderate these images to the best of their ability, but are not responsible for images shared by the public. Please only post appropriate content.
- Any scavenger hunt participant of minor age should have permission from a parent or guardian before playing.
- Participants will follow reasonable precautions for safety and responsibility while playing- good pictures aren’t worth getting hurt!
- Submissions may be removed by library staff if they are deemed inappropriate, or if they do not meet the requirements of the mission.
- Bonus points will only be awarded in the event of a tie between teams.
- Downloadable Rules, Expectations, and Steps to sign up can be found here > shorturl.at/muyFK
QUESTIONS? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.